We are always looking for talented professionals to join Amy Levy PR.
PUBLIC RELATIONS ACCOUNT COORDINATOR
We are seeking an enthusiastic Public Relations Manager
We have a growing portfolio of business both nationally and internationally in the culinary world. Major Consumer Products Manufacturers, restaurants, chefs, bakers and more. Experience in natural or specialty foods highly desired, especially GLUTEN-FREE FOOD.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to take on an exciting challenge and be part of a growing team.
We are looking for a fun-loving and dynamic person with a passion for the PR industry.
• Manage the day-to-day account responsibilities for our media clients across various industries including; lifestyle, food and design.
• Planning and developing public relations strategies and outreach campaigns across all media platforms including print, digital, TV and radio.
• Stay current on new media trends and implement appropriate strategies and tactics, if necessary, to meet clients' objectives.
• Press release writing, distribution and follow-up.
• Ability to develop talking points and identify newsworthy angles and chase the next big media story.
• Develop and build strong relationships with key media, industry and influencers to ensure positive coverage for our clients.
• Identify and participate in new business opportunities, as necessary.
• Maintain internal company communication such as newsletters and updates.
• Ability to supervisor and mentor staff.
• At least 2-3 years proven PR experience in an agency or PR environment.
• Capable writing skills, communication and presentation skills.
• A solid understanding and relationship with media.
• Think creatively and outside of the box.
• Experience working in a fast paced, results orientated environment.
• Knowledge of social media platforms. Ability to manage clients' social media accounts, if required.
• Excellent time management skills to work within deadlines and time constraints.
• The ability to honor and maintain a strict level of confidentiality.
• The ability to take directions & work autonomously once briefed.
• Enjoy going out to networking functions and be happy to talk to almost anyone.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to us.
Don't forget the cover letter.
(Applicants must have experience, contacts and knowledge of the US media landscape)
We have an extraordinary internship program for those looking to further develop their expertise in public relations, advertising, marketing and social media. An interest in visual, design, culinary and performing arts is a plus.
Interns work closely in a vast array of public relations activities and work closely with account staff on all projects. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to the intricacies of the public relations industry as it evolves in light of the current digital and social media revolution.
We prefer candidates who are majoring in a relevant field such as communications, journalism, business or graphic design.
Applicants should send a resume, cover letter and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Desired Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate is creative, has excellent writing and organizational skills, is highly motivated and detail oriented, and has an understanding of current social media trends (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram). Candidates should have the ability to handle multifaceted projects and have strong follow through. Previous internship experience is beneficial.